Do you love laying on the beach, relaxing, listening to the waves and the birds sing? Our tanning salon isn’t on a beach and we might not have birds, but you can get the same relaxing and oh-so-wonderful experience with us. Our brand new salon in Windsor, Colorado is excited to introduce our services and get to know the local community. We want to be a resource for tanning information, tips, and tricks for you to get a healthy glow that will help you feel confident. Whether you are a tanning regular or are new to the process, we are here to provide you with what you need to create a long-lasting glow.
To get you started off right, here are some basic tanning salon tips so you can jump right in and start seeing and feeling the benefits of a beautiful tan.
- It’s not incredibly fun to think about, but did you know that thousands of dead skin cells fall off of your skin every minute? In order to keep your tan brighter and lasting longer, it’s important to keep your skin clean and remove all of the dead skin cells. When you shower before your session, use an exfoliating soap or scrubbing sponge that will clean your skin and prepare it for tanning. When your skin is clean and free of dead skin cells, it will improve the effectiveness of the tan! Wait at least three or four hours after each tanning session to take a shower.
- Use high-quality lotions consistently. The selection of lotions that we have at Nova Tans includes safe compounds that will help your skin tan quicker and last longer. Not to mention they are really good for your skin. Sign up today and you will receive 20 percent off all lotions in our Windsor tanning salon.
- It can be tempting to dive right in and sign up for a session that is 15 or 20 minutes thinking this will get you a great tan quickly. However, if you skip the initial process of building a base tan, you could end up burning your skin. Your first session in a tanning bed should be no longer than six to eight minutes. If you do burn your skin, wait for it to completely disappear before trying again. We care deeply about our guest’s health and safety, so we’ll try our best to make sure this doesn’t happen.
- Always wear goggles while you are in the bed to protect your eyes. We understand you want to have an even tan, but you need to understand that sun damage to your eyes could cause permanent damage. Please be responsible and wear appropriate eyewear when in our beds. Don’t forget about your lips, either. Before tanning, apply an SPF 15 lip balm.
- You can maintain your tan and protect your skin by waiting at least 48 hours in between sessions. When you have reached a level of tan you feel confident with, this color can be maintained with one or two visits per week.
Now that you’re equipped with beginning tanning salon information, you’re ready to come visit our Windsor location! We can’t wait to meet you and begin seeing a beautiful tan develop. And don’t forget to sign up to receive a 20 percent discount!